Blog1

     I am a 23-year-old Scorpio woman, the artistic lover-girl among my friends and family. I enjoy watching movies at home and at the theatre and prefer judging people based on their top three favorite movies. I have a 3-year-old cat named Roman - named after the legendary queen of rap, Nicki Minaj. I have been enlisted in the Florida Army National Guard since 2019 as a combat medic, and I have 1 year, 7 months, and 28 days left on my contract. Like any other job, being a soldier has its pros and cons; overall, I am glad I decided to serve as it has given me the opportunity to receive my diploma for free and gain hands-on experience and certifications outside of my field of study. 

    Growing up, Gen Z, I had the privilege of having experienced school before and after the drastic shift of technology usage in the classroom. I remember when my school got smart boards placed in the select classrooms. I was in the 4th grade; before that, everything was chalkboard and whiteboards. I was lucky enough to be in the "gifted" classes, so my classes had smart boards. After the smart boards, when I was in 7th grade, my district began assigning students tablets to take home and do school assignments on. Everyone was so excited to be able to watch YouTube videos and vines (and do homework, of course.)

    My personal learning networks consist mostly of offline resources.  Sergeants in the Army have pushed me to set higher goals for myself within the unit and it led me to things I didn't recognize were within my reach. My family gave me internship opportunities that helped me get a better understanding of what degree I wanted to pursue. I would say, for the most part, my online personal learning network has been, dare I say- TikTok. TikTok has become my favorite search engine recently as it has exposed me to so many different discourses, which I can then choose to expand my knowledge on by doing further research.  

    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 4

Blog 2