Blog 5

     I first made an Instagram around the 6th or 7th grade when the app was first released. I used the app free-spiritedly, posting my uneventful school lunches and selfies with my dog. I followed relatively everyone I knew who had an Instagram, including friends, family members, celebrities, and even teachers. Since then, the app has changed drastically, and the way I use and care for the app has changed as well. Today, I am more conscious of who I follow and who follows me - for example, coworkers, employers, and, ironically, even some family members cannot access my Instagram profile. I prefer to keep my social media presence very private now compared to my earlier days on the apps. Although I do see the benefits of having a social media presence accessible to students, I would like to continue this separation of professional and social spaces. 

    The digital divide can affect students' confidence in the classroom, negatively influencing skill comprehension for certain standards. This is not the fault of the student's efforts or ability to succeed, just unfortunate circumstances due to limited resources. As a teacher, I need to recognize the students on the shorter end of the digital divide and accommodate the lesson plans to ensure they get hands-on experience and time with technology inside the classroom. This exposure is paramount to the student's confidence when learning and using more advanced technology in future educational/ work spaces.

    I can't wait to use educational software in my classroom to improve student participation and enable individualized learning. One such resource is the game-based learning platform "Kahoot!," which enables students to participate in interactive surveys and quizzes. Not only does Kahoot! make learning engaging and exciting, but it also gives students immediate feedback, encouraging teamwork and rivalry. I also want to incorporate "Google Classroom," an extensive learning management system. Google Classroom facilitates more structured and productive workflows by streamlining feedback, assignment delivery, and communication. Using this platform, students may easily collaborate on projects, turn in assignments, and access resources, creating a digital environment that supports efficient teaching and learning. These software programs combine interactive and collaborative learning, which aligns with my educational philosophy.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog1

Blog 4

Blog 2