Blog 4

    As a teacher, I can enhance literacy, critical thinking, and communication skills by incorporating technology and ELA standards into my lesson plans. I focused on the 8th-grade ELA standards because I want to teach middle school students. After analyzing the standards, I understood the strategy of developing skills along the way and ultimately forming a solid foundation for assessing the credibility of both digital and print sources, effectively searching terms, and writing informative and explanatory texts with standard citations. I am confident in my current skill level to implement these standards within my curriculum because the skills covered in the standards seem relatively basic, and they're spaced out enough for me to cover the topics thoroughly. 
   
     The resource I picked was a cyberbullying lesson plan. The standard for this lesson plan is to integrate diverse media to emphasize the relevance of a topic or idea in oral or written tasks. The lesson plan had a very relevant issue -- an increase in cyberbullying with the increase in social media usage amongst students means there is always space for a conversation on what cyberbullying is and how to combat this issue. Integrating this social issue with a lesson plan would keep the students interested in the skills (researching sources, organizing ideas, developing the topic, etc.) I like to implement real-world scenarios when teaching; this lesson plan coincides with that. 
   
     The use of digital resources by teachers to enhance their lesson plans is growing; therefore, being able to quickly and efficiently navigate the internet's massive extent has become crucial. Not only are teachers looking for educationally relevant material, but there is also the maze of copyright, public domain, and fair use when searching. It might be embarrassing to admit that before this lesson, I didn't know about advanced Google search and how specific you can make a Google search. In the future, I see myself utilizing this advanced search to find public domain materials faster and specific sources easier. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog1

Blog 2